« PreviousContinue »
AUG. 14. Ezek. xviii. 31. Make you a new heart, and a new spirit.
15. Ezek. xxxvi. 26. A new heart will I give you, and a new spirit.
16. Jer. xxxii. 39. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear
17. Heb. viii. 10. I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts.
18. Ezek. xxxvi. 37. Yet for this will I be
19. Ps. li. 10. Create in me a clean heart,
21. Jer. xxxi. 19. Surely, after I was turned, I repeted, I was ashamed.
22. Luke xv. 17, 18. When he came to himself he said, I will arise and go to my
23. 1 Pet. i. 3. According to his mercy, he hath begotten us again to a lively
24. 1 Pet. i. 23. Being born again... by the word of God, which liveth and abideth
25. 1 Pet. ii. 2. As new born babes desire the sincere milk of the word.
26. 1 John v. 1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God.
27. 1 John v. 4. Whatsoever is born of God, overcometh the world.
AUG. 28. 1 John ii. 29. Every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
29. 1 John iii. 9. Whosoever is born of God
doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him.
30. 1 John iii. 10. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of
31. Eph. v. 1, 2. Be ye followers of God, as dear children, and walk in love.
IX. THE BELIEVER'S EXPERIENCE AND CONFLICTS.
SEP. 1. Gal. ii. 19. I, through the law, am dead to the law, that I might live to God. 2. Rom. vii. 9. I was alive without the law, -but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
3. Rom. vii. 16. 22. I consent to the law, that it is good:-I delight in the law of of God after the inner man.
4. Rom. vii. 23. But I see another law, in my members, warring against the law of my mind.
5. Gal. v. 17. So that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
6. Rom. vii. 24. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me?
7. Rom. vii. 25. With the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
8. Gal. v. 24. They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh.
SEP. 9. Rom. vi. 6. The old man is crucified, that the body of sin may be destroyed. 10. Rom. vi. 2. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein.
11. Rom. vi. 14. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
12. Rom. vi. 12. Let not sin then reign in your mortal bodies, that ye should obey
13. Rom. viii. 13. If ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall
14. 1 Cor. ix. 27. I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection.
15. Tit. ii. 12. Teaching us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts.
16. Matt. xvi. 24. If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me.
17. 1 John ii. 15. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.
18. 1 John v. 4. This is the victory that over-
19. Eph. vi. 12. We wrestle against princi-
22. Eph. vi. 12. Put on the whole armour of
SEP. 24. 2 Tim. ii. 3. Endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
25. 2 Cor. iv. 9. Cast down but not de
26. Mic. vii. 8. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy; though I fall I shall arise.
27. Rev. ii. 10. Fear not-be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
28. John xvi. 33. Be of good comfort, I have overcome the world.
29. Rom. viii. 37. In all things we are more than conquerors, through him that loved us.
30. Rev. xii. 11. They overcame by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony.
X. THE BELIEVER'S PRIVILEGES, &c.
OCT. 1. 1 John i. 3. Truly our fellowship is with the Father, and his Son, Jesus Christ. 2. 1 John i. 7. And the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
3. 1 John iii. 1. Behold what love,-that
OCT. 6. Eph. i. 5. Having predestinated us to the adoption of children-by Christ. 7. Rom. viii. 30. Whom he predestinated, -he called,-justified,-and glorified. 8. Phil. i. 6. He, that hath begun a good work in you, will perform it.
9. John x. 28. They shall never perish, none shall pluck them out of my hands. 10. 2 Thess. ii. 16. He hath given us everlasting consolation, and good hope, through grace.
11. John xvii. 9. I pray for them; I pray not for the world.
12. John xvii. 23. Thou hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
13. Heb. vi. 18. By two immutable things
15. Is. liv. 17. Every tongue that shall arise against thee,-thou shalt condemn.
16. Rom. viii. 20. All things work together for good to them that love God, &c. 17. John xvi. 23. Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
18. 1 Cor. iii. 21, 22. All things are yours: -the world, life, death, &c.
19. Heb. xii. 10. Chastened for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holi
20. 1 Pet. i. 5. Kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation.