« PreviousContinue »
THE BOOK OF
AND ADMINISTRATION OF COL.COLL.
COOPER UNION, FOURTH AVENUE.
IN pursuance of a joint resolution of the House of Bishops,
and the House of Clerical and Lay Deputies, adopted at the General Convention assembled in the city of New York, in October, in the year of our LORD, 1868; We, the subscribers, a Committee appointed for the purpose, do hereby set forth this corrected STANDARD PRAYER Book; printed from stereotype plates, the property of the New York Bible and Common Prayer Book Society. And we hereby declare this Prayer Book, so corrected, to be THE STANDARD.
Bishop of the P. E. Church in Massachusetts,
M. A. DE WOLFE HOWE,
Rector of St. Luke's Church, Philadelphia.
BENJ. I. HAIGHT,
An Assistant Minister of Trinity Church, New York.
under for islamumuni *3Umier for
T. W. COIT,
Rector of St. Paul's Church, Troy, N. Y.
its Thanks to
in of Prais
ܠܳܐ ܥܶܕ݂: ܘܨܟ
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
(HE Ratification of the Book of Common Prayer.
3. The Order how the Psalter is appointed to be read.
4. The Order how the rest of the Holy Scripture is appointed to be read.
5. Tables of Lessons of Holy Scripture, to be read at Morning and Evening
7. Tables and Rules for the Moveable and Immoveable Feasts, together with
the Days of Fasting and Abstinence throughout the Year.
8. Tables for finding the Holydays.
9. The Order for Daily Morning Prayer.
10. The Order for Daily Evening Prayer.
12. Prayers and Thanksgivings upon several Occasions, to be used before the
two final prayers of Morning and Evening Service.
13. The Collects, Epistles, and Gospels, to be used throughout the Year.
14. The Order for the Administration of the Lord's Supper, or Holy Communion.
15. The Ministration of Public Baptism of Infants, to be used in the Church.
16. The Ministration of Private Baptism of Children, in Houses.
17. The Ministration of Baptism to such as are of Riper Years, and able to
18. A Catechism ; that is to say, an Instruction to be learned by every Person
before he be brought to be confirmed by the Bishop.
19. The Order of Confirmation, or Laying on of Hands upon those that are
baptized, and come to years of Discretion.
20. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony.
21. The Order for the Visitation of the Sick,
22. The Communion of the Sick.
23. The Order for the Burial of the Dead.
24. The Thanksgiving of Women after Child-birth, commonly called, The
25. Forms of Prayer to be used at Sea.
26. A Form of Prayer for the Visitation of Prisoners.
27. A Form of Prayer and Thanksgiving to Almighty God, for the Fruits of the
earth, and all the other Blessings of his merciful Providence.
28. Forms of Prayer to be used in Families.
29. Selections of Psalms, to be used instead of the Psalms for the Day, at the
30. The Psalter, or Psalms of David.